Luckie


Our Luckie girl has passed away. Yesterday we took her to the vet because she was very lethargic. It turns out she had a cancerous tumor which was causing her to bleed out in to her stomach. Her stomach was filled with blood. This kind of tumor often goes unnoticed until it is too late because there are no symptoms until this happens. It was suggested that we put her down right away because she most likely wouldn't make it through the night. She wasn't in pain just uncomfortable, at least there is that. I went home, got Haleigh, and brought her back so she could say goodbye.


Needless to say, we are completely heart broken. I don't know how to handle this. She's not there when we come home, she doesn't come running when we go to the door, she's not there to pick up all the food that is dropped on the ground, she's not there for cuddles. 


She's not there to warn my pain level is about to shoot up. She's not there to be my heating pad when my levels are so high I can't move. She's not there to nudge me when I'm crying. She's not there to cuddle when it's nap time for the children during the day. Who will I commentary the show to? 


She won't be there for holidays. Oh man, the holidays! Christmas time we always cover her with wrapping paper and she just lays there until it's time to clean up and eat the bacon that we ALL give her. 


I'm going to miss her upside down smiles, her 'belly time' rubs. I'll miss her running around like she was a puppy anytime I said 'wanna fight?!'


My cuddle pup... I miss you so much. I love you my Luckie girl!




Custom Search

Comments

Post a Comment