Readathon Wrap-Up


    Dewey's readathon did not go quite how I expected it to go because I had some unseen medical issues arise however I still got a lot read. I spent the morning, early afternoon, and night reading with Haleigh and a few hours in between reading with a few friends.


    I started and finished Dyeing Season by Karen MacInerney. I love this series and this book did not disappoint. I was hoping that this book would be about dyeing yarn and something having to do with fiber arts. There were mentions of a knitting store in town but that isn't what the book was based on. It had more to do with natural dyes made with different plants and murder, of course. I rated this book ⭐⭐⭐⭐







 
   The next book I read was Fredrik Backman's And Every Morning The Way Home Gets Longer and Longer. This is about a man telling his grandson about his life and how Alzheimer's is taking over his mind. It was a short book but absolutely heartbreaking. I have such a fear of Alzheimer's and this did not help. It was beautifully written but I cried the whole time I read it. ⭐⭐⭐⭐









I started this book but I couldn't get into it, I spent 30 minutes rereading the first 3 pages over and over. I gave it a good go but ending up putting it down and starting another book.









   I started this book and absolutely love it so far. It was too deep for me to read quickly. It is more of a book that I need to sit with for a while.

"i always regret the nights i stay awake
for no reason at all
except to trace and retrace every fear
that lies awake on my chest..."






   So when I went to read the Stephen King book I downloaded I noticed it was no longer there and wasn't available again for a few more weeks. I quickly downloaded the first cozy mystery I saw and started it for my ride home from my friend's house. I quickly realized this was NOT the first book in the series because I had no idea what was going on. It doesn't matter though because after 2 minutes into the book I knew I didn't care enough about the characters or storyline to go back and find the first book. I was annoyed with how many times "she said" was written. I ended up giving it ⭐⭐but probably could have given it 1.






   Haleigh and I listened to this book together. At first, I thought it was from the perspective of Patches the pup but really I just wasn't paying attention. Patches is the dog in 'trouble' and the POV is of a little boy who lives nearby. I thought this book was cute. I gave it ⭐⭐⭐ but Haleigh gave it 5!









   I had started this book before the readathon and wasn't planning on picking it up for it. However, after a book, I didn't enjoy and a kid's book I needed a story that I knew somewhat interested me. This story is a good one. It takes place near my hometown which was a nice surprise. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it. It was just a good story. ⭐⭐⭐









   Last but not least was a graphic novel, one picked solely from how much I liked the cover. It was cute and it set up for a good second volume which I hope to get to in the next week or so. ⭐⭐⭐⭐








6.5 books and 668 pages. That's not too bad if you ask me. Definitely not my goal but not the worst I've ever done either. Did you participate? What was your favorite and least favorite book read? Did you do better than you thought you would?  6.5 months until the next Dewey's readathon.

Comments