Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins


Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins

     Every week I try to make a batch of egg muffins so in the morning when I am dealing with getting everyone ready and out the door I am not also having to make breakfast. If I leave it until the morning of I end up not eating until lunch time which I am told is very unhealthy. So I make a dozen egg muffins and bag them up for the week to come. I generally throw in whatever I have. This week I made spinach, cheese, and egg muffins. Although I also added ham in some of them because we had leftovers from Easter.

Ingredients used: 
8 oz of chopped spinach
4 oz of shredded cheese
12 eggs
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Pepper
1 tablespoon of butter

     I am not going to lie I am not someone who follows directions when it comes to cooking. I use as much of whatever I feel like that day. The only thing that stays the same is the number of eggs. Generally, it is 1 egg for 1 muffin. 

     First I took out the spinach and threw it in a frying pan with some butter. *Wait* I just finished this and realized I never said to preheat the oven. I cook just about everything on 375 so - do that.* Once it started to heat up I used a lot of shakes of onion powder, fewer shakes of garlic (because it will overpower everything), and some pepper. When it is fully heated and ready I put it off to the side.

     Second I crack all the eggs into a big bowl, add in more pepper, onion, and garlic. Just a little of each. You don't want to go crazy. Then put that to the side. 

     Next, take the muffin pans and grease them. After they are greased I layer cheese and spinach. The reason I don't put these into the eggs is that it will sink to the bottom and when you go to pour nothing will be even. For the egg muffins that got ham, I did cheese, spinach, then ham. Once those are in - pour the eggs in. You want the tins to be almost full and then you top them off with cheese. 

     Put them into the oven (375 degrees) for 25 minutes. Once they are done I suggest taking them out right away or they tend to stick to the pan. For reheating I suggest the toaster oven but they are also good in the microwave. 


Other things that are really good in egg muffins are: 
onions and peppers
mushrooms and mozzarella
sausage and cheese
broccoli and cheese
Ham and cheese

      Really there isn't much that wouldn't be delicious in them. I hope you enjoy and don't forget to share how your egg muffins came out!

Comments