Disney Read-a-thon Wrap Up!

August was a long month with a lot of reading. I will do an August reading wrap up where I go more into the books I read and my thoughts on them but for now, I will just share how I did for the Disney read-a-thon.




I started with my team. Team Tangled!


Team Tangled

Rapunzel: Read a book with glowing reviews (10 points):
     The Arrival of Someday by Jen Malone
Flynn Ryder: Read a dark/mysterious book (10 points):
     Leave No Trace by Mindy Mejia
The Snuggly Duckling Crew: Read a book with a dreamy cover (10 points):
     Before I knew by Jamie Beck
Mother Gothel: Read a book featuring a power-hungry character - this book must be out of your comfort zone (25 points):
     Crippled America: and how to make it great again by Donald Trump
Maximus: Read the group book (50 points):
     Don't Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno



Team Mulan

Fa Mulan: Read a book with a powerful female lead (10 points):
     The Perfect Dress by Carolyn Brown
Li Shang: Read a book that features a squad (10 points):
     The Fall of Crazy House by James Patterson
The Matchmaker: Read a YA romance (10 points):
     The Summer of Jordi Perez by Amy Spalding
Shan Yu: Read a book over 500 pages (25 points):
     Rumble by Ellen Hopkins
Mushu: Read the group book (50 points):
     Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim



Team Lion King

Simba: Read a book featuring a male protagonist (10 points):
     Elevation by Stephen King
Mufasa: read a book featuring war and politics (10 points):
     They Can't Kill Us All by Wesley Lowery
Nala: Read an adult romance (10 points): 
     What We Find by Robyn Carr
Scar: Read a book that will push your emotions over the edge - this book must be completed in one day (25 points):
     Woman Last Seen in Her Thirties by Camille Pagan
Timon: Read the group book (50 points):
     Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz



Team Aladdin

Jasmine: Read a book that features royalty (10 points):

Aladdin: Read a book that contains romance (10 points):
It's in His Heart by Shely Alexander
The Magic Carpet: Read a fantasy book (10 points):
Saga Vol 1 by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples
Jafar: Read a book that will suck you into its world, as if in a trance - this book must only be read at dark (25 points):

Abu: Read the group book (50 points):


335 points out of a possible 420 points

I think the option to double up on books for teams other than your own was given but I didn't want to take it. I was trying to push myself to read them all. I almost succeeded too!



Not bad, if I do say so myself! I am hoping this group of woman will continue to do this read-a-thon in the future. If you want to follow them to see what they will be doing and when our next adventure is, follow them on twitter: here

Congratulations to everyone else who joined in on this adventure! Let me know what was your favorite book and what was your least favorite book. 

Comments