May Rewind

I've decided to start doing a monthly rewind of all the books I read that month. I got this idea from http://www.thebookrat.com when I stumbled upon her vlogs on Youtube. 



Recipe for Trouble
by Diane Muldrow

"The Moore family hits the road for a family vacation in New Orleans! With visits to gourmet restaurants and a cooking lesson with a world-famous chef, Molly and Amanda are thrilled to visit this exotic, mysterious city. But when the twins discover a real-life mystery, they'll need the long-distance help of Shawn, Peichi, and Natasha to figure out what's really going on in this exciting adventure"

     I picked this book up in the dollar tree because I liked the cover. I skimmed the back cover and read the words 'family road trip' and 'new orleans.' It sounded good to me based on the very little that I read about it. Plus if I hated it, it was only a dollar. Well, once I started reading it I realized it was a series for middle school aged children. This definitely a cute book but not something that I would normally read. The cover art was very deceiving, it portrays two young adults, possibly teens, possibly young twenties, however, the book does not have people in this age group in it. One day, maybe, I'll learn not to pick up a book based solely on the front cover.



F My Life
by Maxime Valette, Guillaume Passaglia, Didier Guedj

"Enter the devastatingly funny world of F My Life, where calamity is comedy. Covering every disastrous pratfall in love, work, family-life, and more, F My Life proffers other people’s ruinous, real-life happenings to brighten your gloomiest day: someone getting dumped through a greeting card, ignored at their birthday party, or insulted by their own grandmother. Spanning everything from ironic twists of fate to down-right shameful moments, F My Life’s squirm-inducing stories are schadenfreude at its finest. So today, take solace in knowing that at least you’re not that guy. There now, don’t you feel better?"






Blue is for Nightmares
by Laurie faria Stolarz




White is for Magic
by Laurie faria Stolarz


 Silver is for Secrets
by Laurie faria Stolarz


Red is for Remembrance
by Laurie faria Stolarz

Stacey is not your average girl, she's a witch. She uses spells in her every day life as well as to help her get through some rough times. Stacey has scary nightmares that are premonitions of what is to come if she can't figure out what to do to stop them. Follow Stacey and her friends as they go through their junior and senior year in boarding school, summer vacation, and first year of college. 

I first read this series when I was in high school and love it just as much now as I did then.














Custom Search

Comments