Dec - Feb ITP Update

I am currently writing a post on September 6th 2017 and realized I did not update the blog at all while I was sick in Dec-Feb so I went back and found all my status updates and photos. So this is for future reference

December 23rd
my platelets were 142,000 two days ago and 73,000 today. Thank God I didn't wait until after the holidays. I would have bottomed out. So I'm at the Cancer center for an infusion


December 24th 
I'm free!!

I went home from the cancer center then had to go to the hospital via rescue squad and was admitted. Yesterday sucked. So bad.

December 27th
Think high numbers!

32..Ugh

They are talking about the chemo meds again but considering I was taken via ambulance to the hospital for an allergic reaction then hospitalized for it.. we may be considering another option. I'll be weighing the pros and cons on Friday with my doctor

(someone asked what chemo drugs) Rituxan and I had 3 really bad reactions then came home and had more. Usually, I do okay with it

December 30th
We're taking it slow and being very cautious. I'm hooked up to all the monitors AND meds are going at a slower rate. Let's hope that this works!


December 31st
10,000 years later and I'm done with the meds! Really it was like 18 hours but I'm done for this week! Now hopefully I'll be sent home this morning!


January 5th
If you have tried to call or text me in the last few days I'm sorry I haven't answered. My hands shaky from the medicine so it's hard to hold my phone and something (probably the meds) are causing my eyes to be blurry so it's really hard to read and type.

January 6th
Let's see if my body can not be a dramatic a-hole today
update: I'm tolerating it for now. Good news? It's working, my platelets are up!

January 13th
Communication is key! I am currently so thankful for nurses who pay attention and listen to my concerns

-reaction at 1059

All done with Rituxan !! 1 reaction and only 4.25 hours for the transfusion! Let's pray for good numbers next week when I go in for a follow up!



January 20
Well apparently I was told the wrong thing last week. Today is my lats infusion. I thought I was just coming in for blood work and to talk to my doctor. I'm in a bed waiting on more medicine. BUT platelets are up to 242 and that's awesome!

Let's all do a happy dance because I am minutes from being done and I had NO reaction! Woohoo!

February 4th
immune system down but spirits are up


Comments