The Legend Says...


Well, this month I only read 4 books. I was going to try to finish a graphic novel I was reading but I am just too tired, so I'll stick with the 4. That's okay 4 is better than none right? Plus I enjoyed all the books I read so that is always a plus! My bookclub's theme this month was fairy tale re-tellings so the beginning of next month should hopefully have at least two more re-tellings that I read. 

⭐⭐⭐⭐

I enjoyed this book. It was a quick read - 1 day. The only problem I had with it was how did she not have an online presence? If this book took place in the time frame Nicola has set, I don't see how she isn't a part of some groups or boards or something! 


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

As I was going through Goodreads to see what other people had to say I was shocked to find so many people disliked this book! I absolutely LOVED it. I know I am a huge Picoult fan but I loved this book. I loved learning more about elephants, my mother loves them so I know some things but I was fascinated with everything else I learned. I never see the ending coming. Ever. This is one of my favorite things about Jodi Picoult's books. I never guess right and once again my guesses were all wrong. I love that and I loved this! I would recommend it to anyone (except Brandy because she's a hater)!


⭐⭐⭐

If there were half stars this would be 3.5 stars. I really enjoyed this book. Such a different take on Snow White. We don't just get 'her parents die this is her step mother'. You learn about how the step mother came to be and how her father died. I like the difference in the mirror. It doesn't just talk back - it forms into a statue. I don't want to give away too much but I really enjoyed what a take charge kind of character Snow White was! I would definitely suggest this book


⭐⭐⭐

I liked this book but before I get in to it I want to share a legend within the book. "The legend says that each human on the earth has a tree to care for, and that a person's tree will also care for him or her. As long as the tree is thriving, the person will live, and as long as the person is living well, the tree will survive." This was one of my favorite parts of this book. Now, it was a great tale but not a 'Cinderella' story in the sense you were probably looking for. On the back of the book it says "If you drink water and breathe air, then you have heard the story of Cinderella. And, if you drink water and breathe air, you have heard it...wrong." So you go in to the story knowing things will be changed. I just didn't know how much. Though there is a happily ever after it may not be the one you're thinking of. Though there is a happily ever after there is still darkness lurking. Though there is a happily ever after there also isn't. 



What did you read this month? Anything that you gave five stars? 
Share with me in the comments below!

Comments