Top 10 Read Authors

Hey there! I have shared before that I follow a lot of Booktubers (People who talk about books in Youtube videos). Well this week, Kristin - Super Space Chick, made a video about her top 10 read authors off of her Goodreads list. I thought that would be a lot of fun to do too so here we go!

My 10th most read author, with 10 books, is Bella Andre. I read two of her series, both having to do with the Sullivan Clan. I don't have a favorite but I really enjoyed this contemporary series and breezed right through it!


My 9th most read author, with 10 books, is Mark Tufo. Again I don't have a favorite but that is because I love all of the books so much I just cannot pick. 
"It was a flu season like no other. With fears of contracting the H1N1 virus running rampant throughout the country, people lined up in droves to try an attain one of the coveted vaccines. What was not known, was the effect this largely untested, rushed to market, inoculation was to have on the unsuspecting throngs. Within days, feverish folk throughout the country convulsed, collapsed and died, only to be re-born. With a taste for brains, blood, and bodies, these modern day zombies scoured the lands for their next meal. Overnight the country became a killing ground for the hordes of zombies that ravaged the land."
If you love books having to do with the zombie apocalypse or even if you don't but love a good wise ass kick butt main character, you have GOT to read this series!





My 8th most read author (though I think this is inaccurate because I am pretty sure I have read more than 11 of her books) is Nora Roberts. I think my favorite series of Nora Roberts is her In The Garden trilogy because it was my very first trilogy of hers. I just absolutely fell in love with her writing and the world she created for us. 









Coming in 7th is Kathleen Brooks with having read 12 books of hers. All of her books that I have read are apart of her Bluegrass series or off series. These cute romantic contemporary books take place in a small southern town. I immersed myself into these books and devoured them within two weeks. They were great! 







The 6th most read author on my Goodreads list is Maggie Sefton. I have read 13 of her knitting mystery series and love every single one of them. These books take place in northern Colorado and center around a cozy little yarn store. Every book there's a new mystery to solve which Kelly Flynn does with the help of her friends by 'sleuthing' around. I always make sure I have a cup of tea or coffee ready when sitting down to read Maggie Sefton's books because I know once I am into it, I will not want to put it down until I am done. 





Half way there!



My 5th most read author is Jamie McGuire. Although most of the 14 books I have read of hers was a part of her Walking Disaster series, which I loved, my favorite book of hers, the one that has stayed with me the longest is Red Hill. "Set against the backdrop of a brilliantly realized apocalyptic world, love somehow finds a way to survive. But what happens when the one you’d die for becomes the one who could destroy you?" This was the first ZA (zombie apocalypse) book I read. She wrote it in a way that didn't leave me with nightmares but wondering what would happen next to the characters I was growing to love. I know this will be a book I'll continue to read over and over again. 


Rachel Caine is my 4th most read author. This is because I have read all 15 of her Morganville Vampire series. I borrowed the first book from my sister in 2012 and didn't get back into the series until a few years later but when I did I finished the series within a month! 


My 3rd most read author is Robyn Carr. As you can tell, I often binge read series and Robyn Carr's Virgin River series was no different. Other than the fact that it contained the most books of any series I have binged yet, with 18 books.
"The Virgin River book series is a series of books based on the fictional town of Virgin River, containing only 600 people.
Believe it or not, there are different characters in every single one of these books! This makes the next book even more exciting than the last. You might find a couple of the same characters in several of the books, but each one contains some new and thrilling people that will change your whole outlook of the series." *
I loved all of the series but I think Wild Man Creek stood out the most to me. Why I'm not sure but it is the one I think about first when I think of the series. I also really enjoyed all of the Christmas books. I love how Virgin River really does up the town for Christmas. 



My 2nd most read author is actually my very favorite author, Jodi Picoult! I've read 20 of her books and I loved EVERY SINGLE ONE! I recommend her books to everyone I talk to. The last book I read of hers was Leaving Time and I think it has become my new favorite book of hers. 
"For over a decade, Jenna Metcalf obsesses on her vanished mom Alice. Jenna searches online rereads journals of the scientist who studied grief among elephants. Two unlikely allies are Serenity Jones, psychic for missing people who doubt her gift, and Virgil Stanhope, jaded PI who originally investigated cases of Alice and her colleague. Hard questions and answers."
I never guess the endings of her books, I try - trust me I try, but I am never right and I think that is part of the reason she is so amazing! 


Here we are.. my number 1 most read author is Janet Evanovich! I have read 49 of her books! Whoa that's a lot! I know at least 27 of those books are her Stephanie Plum mystery series. Stephanie Plum is an average woman who due to her now ex-husbands shenanigans ends up being a bounty hunter. She's not an outrageously good bounty hunter, but a bounty hunter she is. There's a crazy gun wielding grandma, an eccentric best friend who is an ex-hooker, and two (very different) sexy men who would love to call her theirs. I always end up laughing out loud every time I read one of these books. I love them and can't wait for the next one to come out. Hurry up November!

So there are my top 10 read authors, according to Goodreads. What are yours? Feel free to share in the comments below!





Comments