My Least Favorite

   
This week we're talking about our least favorite books or movies in a series. I thought I would have a TON to write down but when I sat down to type it all up I realized the list wasn't as long as I thought it was. I've got three movies and two books to share.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie which came out in 2005. Unlike the other movies on this list I don't dislike this movie it just is my least favorite of the Harry Potter series.


2nd on this list, because I'm going in order of when they were made, is The Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift made in 2006. Although it will all tie together in a few years when these characters are brought back into the story, it really doesn't mesh with the rest of the films. Did I enjoy it? Yeah, a little, fast cars and stuff blowing up is my thing, but it by far was my least favorite film of the franchise.


This one kills my soul that I have to put on the list. Despite all the hate it receives I absolutely love the Twilight books. I reread them every few years and love them, even more, every time. However, Twilight the movie just failed me. I understand it is because they had essentially no budget (meaning no money, don't mistake this for no budget, meaning unlimited budget) but it just didn't hit all the marks I wanted it to hit. Potentially if all of the movies had been filmed in the same fashion this movie wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb to me. But it does and I am heartbroken it wasn't as awesome as it was in my head (says every bookworm ever).




Next is the last book in the Blue is for Nightmares series by Laurie Faria Stolarz. Black is for Beginnings came out in 2009 and was a different format than the rest of the books. I am not sure why she chose to finish the series with a graphic novel. It was a good plot line but it didn't flow with the first four books and it was a graphic novel where the rest weren't. It was just hard to adjust and always throws me for a loop when I go to reread the series.



Lastly is The Kiss by James Patterson. This is the 4th book in the Witch and Wizard series which came out in 2013. As I was looking this up I saw that there is a 5th book now but seeing as this story is progressively getting odder and harder to follow I won't be reading it. I really enjoyed the first two books and mostly enjoyed the third. I was hoping the fourth book would wrap everything up in a nice little bow but it didn't. It got confusing and more.. I'm not even sure how to describe it but it put me off enough that I won't be reading any other books in this series, so there's that.


So there are my Top 5 least favorite book or movie in a series. What are yours? 

Comments