Endometriosis Awareness - Things Not To Say




Buzzfeed has done an article called Things You Shouldn't Say To People With Endometriosis and it is the best ever. Not only can I relate to most of them but check out this artwork! Whoever Crystal Ro is, she is amazing!

I think the top 3 things that have been said to me that REALLY upset me was

1. It's all in your head/Nothing is wrong

2. You must have suffered trauma as a child. You are suppressing it and that's why you are having pain in your stomach. Once you get counseling you will be fine.

3. HA! We have a chandelier case! - This was during a pap smear. I jumped because it hurt really bad - this was the first time I had one where it wasn't just uncomfortable (normal) but it hurt so bad I cried (not normal) and jumped. I was considered a 'chandelier case' because I jumped so high I could have reached a chandelier.

Not only were all these things rude and cruel to say to someone who was crying hysterically in pain and whose life was turned on it's back but they were all said to me by physicians. I have many stories of many doctors who blew me off and said that they couldn't help me because nothing was wrong. THIS is why we need more awareness.

Anyway, to read more comments that are said often to those with Endo click here. Every single one of these comments has been said to me, more than once.


Comments