What the Wind Knows - Book Review


     As I get ready for the huge author signing I am attending in June I am trying to go through all the authors and read one of their books. I knew I wanted to read something by Amy Harmon because a lot of people have said great things about her books. A few people suggested What the Wind Knows but it is listed as a historical romance and it has to do with time travel. All things that do not necessarily call to me. However, it takes place in Ireland and really that trumps everything. I downloaded this book on Kindle Unlimited and it came with free audio. I HIGHLY recommend listening to this book. The voice actors made this book feel so real for me.
   What the Wind Knows takes place in 2001 and 1921 in (mostly) Ireland. Anne Gallagher goes to Ireland to spread her grandfather's ashes in the Loche. However, when she does she is pulled back in time and into a very traumatic situation. In 1921, she meets Thomas and the familiar little boy he has been looking after since his mother and father passed. Ireland, during this time, was on the brink of war. A scary, yet interesting, place to be transported to! Once Anne is sucked into a life in the 1920s  will she want to go back? Is the choice even hers if she chooses one way or the other?
     The more I read, the more I wanted to read. It was a beautifully told story with an amazing amount of history throughout it. So much of what is told in the story actually took place. The way Amy Harmon weaves her story it's almost as if it was pulled straight from a history book. It was definitely a five star read from me and a book I'll now be forcing my friends to read. I can't wait to meet her in June!

Comments