August Will Be Filled With Lots of Adventures!



In August I am going to participating in two readathons and finish up a reading challenge. I am really excited about all of them (well as excited as I get these days. I am still pretty gloomy because I miss my mommy). The challenge I'm finishing up in august is the Goodreads Summer Reading Challenge. I have read 5 out of 12 of the prompts so far.


     I have plans for a few others and already have the books for them as well. Hopefully, I will be able to finish it before the end of the month. 


     The next thing I am participating in is the Summer Reverse Readathon that Dewey's is hosting. usually, their readathons go from Saturday morning at 8am to Sunday morning at 8am (EST) but for the reverse, it's 8pm Friday to 8pm Saturday! Last year this one kicked my butt but I have a better plan and it includes sleeping some of the time!




     The last is Disney Readathon! There are four teams: Aladdin, Tangled, Mulan, and Lion King. Each team has its own prompts and its own group book. There is a cool Buzzfeed quiz you can take to tell you what team to join OR you can just pick. My pick and quiz results were the same so I didn't have a dilemma on my hands. I am Team Tangled so when I tell you the prompts for that team I'll also include my TBR!





TEAM ALADDIN

Jasmine: Read a book that features royalty (10 points)
Aladdin: Read a book that contains romance (10 points)
The Magic Carpet: Read a fantasy book (10 points)
Jafar: Read a book that will suck you into its world, as if in a trance - this book must only be read at dark (25 points)
Abu: Read the group book - The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell (50 points)

Special Ability: Genie can grant you a wish! You can DNF any book (besides the group book) and still receive the points

You must complete all the prompts in order first then you can travel around the map (in order)



TEAM TANGLED

Rapunzel: Read a book with glowing reviews (10 points)
     The Arrival of Someday by Jen Malone
Flynn Ryder: Read a dark/mysterious book (10 points)
     Leave No Trace by Mindy Mejia
The Snuggly Duckling Crew: Read a book with a dreamy cover (10 points)
     Before I Knew by Jamie Beck
Mother Gothel: Read a book featuring a power-hungry character - this book must be out of your comfort zone (25 points)
     Crippled America by Donald Trump
Maximus: Read the group book (50 points) (I can't get a hold of the group book but I am allowed to pick from the poll so I picked this one)
     Don't Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno
Special Ability: Pascal will allow you to blend in and stay hidden! You may travel the map as you please in any order you wish.



TEAM MULAN

Fa Mulan: Read a book with a powerful female lead (10 points)
Li Shang: Read a book that features a squad (10 points)
The Matchmaker: Read a YA romance (10 points)
Shan Yu: Read a book over 500 pages (25 points)
Mushu: Read the group book (50 points) Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim
Special Ability: Cri-kee is on your side and bestows you good luck! You may have three whole days to start your quest early.

You must complete all the prompts in order first then you can travel around the map (in order)



TEAM LION KING

Simba: Read a book featuring a male protagonist (10 points)
Mufasa: Read a book featuring war and politics (10 points)
Nala: Read an adult romance (10 points)
Scar: Read a book that will push your emotions over the edge - this book must be completed in a day (25 points)
Timon: Read the group book (50 points) Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
Special Ability: Pumbaa will take all your worries away! You don't have to have a fixed TBR and can swap and choose books as you please

You must complete all the prompts in order first then you can travel around the map (in order)


     I am really excited for this readathon! I love being a part of a team, I love Disney, I love Tangled, and I love that I get to read whatever I want and I don't have to go in order! I'll post an update in the beginning of September to let you guys know how it goes! Any fun readathons going on the rest of the year I should know about? Let me know!

Comments