August Reading Wrap Up



August was a great reading month for me. I read a lot of really good books and a few that were out of my comfort zone. Every time I hear 'fantasy' I am turned off to the book. However, every fantasy I have read and finished I ended up loving so I am not sure why I am so hateful towards the fantasy genre.

⭐⭐⭐



⭐⭐⭐⭐✩

    This book was everything I needed in high school. There is plus size positivity and positive reactions to queer teens. I can't explain exactly why I love it so much, I just do!

“So how'd you know you were gay?"

"How'd you know you weren't? It was probably the same way."

He laughs as we get into his car, "Touché.” 



⭐⭐⭐



⭐⭐⭐

   I went into this book thinking 'oh God.. here we go.' It was actually a decent book! I enjoyed hearing the different ideas Trump had for his run of the presidency. If only what he said came to light. He sounded intelligible most of the time, I mean a lot of the time he talked about how awesome he is and how rich he is but beyond that, he had a lot of good ideas. I could see why if someone ignored everything else about Donald Trump and just read this book they might vote for him. I was pleasantly surprised. 



⭐⭐⭐⭐

    I love this duology so much!



⭐⭐⭐⭐



⭐⭐⭐⭐

“Words were different when they lived inside of you.” 

“Another secret of the universe: Sometimes pain was like a storm that came out of nowhere. The clearest summer could end in a downpour. Could end in lightning and thunder.” 

“Maybe we just lived between hurting and healing.” 

   I avoided reading this book for years because it just did not seem like it was a book I would like. I was wrong. I really liked this book and it felt very poetic. 



⭐⭐

   First - this is NOT a thriller/horror book. I do not even know what it would be labeled as but it is not horror. This was not my favorite book at all. I really think Stephen King needs to stick to writing big books. He needs more time to build the worlds. 



⭐⭐⭐⭐



⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

     All the fat positivity this summer has been awesome. Also, you can never go wrong with a Carolyn Brown book!



⭐⭐⭐⭐



⭐⭐⭐⭐



⭐⭐⭐✩



⭐⭐⭐⭐




⭐⭐⭐⭐

    I loved the small-town feel and being immersed in her culture. 



⭐⭐⭐✩



⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐




⭐⭐⭐⭐✩




⭐⭐⭐

     I just do not know how I feel about this book. I hated it most of the time. I'm not sure why I ALWAYS love Ellen Hopkins books! 

    It was a pretty good reading month. How did you do? What was your favorite? Let me know!

Comments

Post a Comment