Endometriosis Awareness Day 1


Endometriosis is a condition in which the tissue that behaves like the cells lining the uterus (endometrium) grows in other areas of the body, causing pain, irregular bleeding, and possible infertility.
The tissue growth (implant) typically occurs in the pelvic area, outside of the uterus, on the ovaries, bowel, rectum, bladder, and the delicate lining of the pelvis. However, the implants can occur in other areas of the body, too.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001913/

Today was wear yellow for Endometriosis day. March is Endometriosis awareness month and every March 1st is wear yellow for Endo day. Every year I ask my family and friends to wear yellow and post pictures for me to put in my support album on facebook. I am amazed at how many people participated. The support that has been shown to me today blows me away and brings me to tears. Thank you to everyone who took time to wear yellow, post a picture, post a status, and spread awareness. It means the world to me. I hope that by spreading awareness a cure will be found so that my daughter and down the line my daughters daughter won’t have to deal with the pain I deal with on a daily occasion.

A special thank you to Jenn who made this awesome shirt!!

Comments