Endometriosis Awareness Day 11 + yummy cookies!

Endometriosis is serious. It is affecting millions of women around the world. It is not simply disrupting women’s lives, it can be devastating for most women. It affects her health, her quality of life, her possibilities of having children, her income earning potential, her emotional well-being, her relationships, her sex life, her economics if she lives in a country where she has to pay for treatment, her social life; in essence it affects her entire life.
These are the hard facts that surround Endometriosis today. Many women suffer for years and years. They may have one surgical procedure after another. They may spend thousands of dollars on treatment, especially if their health insurance does not cover it. They may travel miles in pursuit of sympathetic and informed medical treatment. This list goes on and on.


-----
      Today I started taking Fenugreek 2 times a day and I decided to make my own oatmeal cookies. I was eating cookies I bought from the store but I decided to make my own. I looked up recipes to make my own oatmeal cookies online. Of course a TON of websites popped up and most of them had the exact same recipe. I decided to go with this:
  • 1 cup of butter, preferably Olivio or another olive oil type butter, one with flaxseed in it which has added health benefits 
  • 1 cup of sugar 
  • 1 cup of brown sugar 
  • 4 tablespoons of water 
  • 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal (found at health food stores) 
  • 2 large eggs, using eggs with omega in it is beneficial, but not required 
  • 1 tsp of vanilla 
  • 2 cups of flour, whole wheat flour is recommended 
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda 
  • 1 teaspoon of salt 
  • 3 cups of oats (oatmeal, not instant though), thick cut work best 
  • 1 cup or more of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or any that you like 
  • 2-4 tablespoons of brewers yeast, it must be brewers yeast (found in health food stores)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal with the water and set aside, you will need it a little later. Beat butter and sugars well. Add the eggs and mix. Stir in flaxseed mix and add vanilla to the butter mix. Beat well. Sift together the flour, brewers yeast, salt and baking soda then add to butter mix. Stir in oats and chips.  Scoop or drop onto baking sheet an inch apart and bake for 12-15 minutes


http://www.landmilkhoney.com/recipanr.htm


     The website has some recipes to use with breast milk too. I don't know how I feel about that. Anyway, I made these cookies today. I may tweak with them a little because they seemed to spread out and not stay in a nice little cookie shape. Other then that they turned out great! They are nice and fluffy and really good. I did some with and without chocolate chips. I also bought butterscotch chips to try too. I'm glad they turned out so well. I ended up eating like 3 as soon as they came out of the oven. And apparently they work well because I've been pumping for days and only getting a drop or two out of each side every other time but right now I've been pumping for 10 minutes on my right side and have about five drops! Enough to actually make it in to the bottle! I'm super excited.
     Something else I'm excited about? Today in the mail we received 4 goodmama diapers from Tyrone's cousin. I put her in one right away and love it! I'll write more about them after I use them more then once obviously but as soon as I put her in it she decided to poop. We had no leaks.. nothing even got on the cover. Amazing! I'm very happy with them so far. 
     Well I'm going to head to bed. My mom is here for the weekend and she takes Haleigh during the night so we can sleep - not that Haleigh doesn't sleep most of the night anyway - so I'm going to take full advantage of that and sleep as long as I can tonight. 
    




Custom Search

Comments