Endometriosis Awareness Day 30




The pain feels like someone is ripping you apart from the inside with their bare hands and the blood loss phenomenal. There were times when I would go crazy and feel psychotic from the pain.  I would find myself pulling out my hair and clenching my fists so tightly that my nails would cut into my palms making me bleed.  I would vomit and pass out from the pain.  I would hug boiling hot water bottles scalding my skin to help alleviate the pain.  I would find myself holding my breath for long periods of time.  I would cry and sob as I prayed for relief even if it was only for a moment.






Custom Search

Comments

  1. As hard as it is to admit, the reason that funding is low for endmetriosis is because it isn't as serious as life-threatening diseases such as cancer and heart disease that effect tens of millions per year. Pain can be managed/eliminated once an effective treatment is found (different for different people).

    Raising awareness about a disease is always a good thing, but do so in a way that is respectful and not offensive and sexist. By saying that if this were happening to men there would be a cure, that is a logical fallacy and highly offensive to men. Funding for disease research is given by priority of the scope of the disease's effects on the populace. Breast cancer affects more women than endometriosis but gets more funding for research because it is life threatening and more common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You obviously do not have the disease Mr. Anonymous. So many diseases and illnesses do not have ways to alleviate pain. Unless you are prescribed a narcotic and sleep off the pain for the rest of your life. What kind of life is that? no work? no school? its no life at all. Its no wonder these women get depressed, especially with comments such as yours.

    Thanks,
    Mrs. Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to point out that I did not write this.. I got it from Endocenter.org. And if you had checked your facts Endometriosis is more common and affects more women then Breast Cancer.

    I am very glad that you have never dealt with undealable chronic pain. It can NOT always be managed/eliminated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment