Friday, May 27, 2011


     It's been one of those.. weeks. You know the kind, where nothing goes the way you want it to? Where you are walking around in circles trying to figure out what you were just doing and what you were about to do next. Two days ago my doctor calls me and says maybe you have kidney stones. I'm going to call in a prescription of antibiotics for you along with your thyroid medication which I've upped. Okay. I gave her the pharmacy she said okay. Great. Personally, I think she has lost her mind. Anyway, that's a whole nother entry. So, I go on about my day, thinking of all the things I need to get done before I go away for the weekend. Laundry, diaper laundry, folding up play pen, toys, so on and so forth. I made a list and fully planned on marking everything off of it that night.
     WHO was I kidding? I could never do all of that in one night! Around 3pm my pain kicked in. I was done. I laid down in the bed and thought just a little rest and my body will recharge. yeah right! Once I laid down I could feel my pain more. One of these days I'll understand my body and know what to do. Maybe. So Wednesday night I accomplished a few loads of laundry. That's it. Thursday I came in to work at 9 and I don't know why but I just knew it wasn't going to be a bad day. This is where my grandmother would say "it's only a bad day if you let it be, Nicole" I know grandma. I tried to make it a good day but it just wasn't happening for me. I was suppose to work from 9-2 then go to my friend's house and watch her kids from 230ish -6. I ended up being at work until 4. I brought my friend and the kids some pizza, picked up grama and went home. I then made lots and lots of lists. DAMNIT we were getting it done tonight. There was no more time left! So I washed the diapers, I put clothes in piles, this goes with, this stays here. I could care less about the mess as long as we had what we need packed.
So I accomplished (with help from my love of course) packing Haleigh's bag and most of her diapers. I need a few more things for her diaper bag then that will be ready to go. Tyrone packed our bag minus swim suit and my dresses. CRAP I just realized minus his nice clothes for Sat night/Sunday too. *sigh* Well the play pen is packed up. However, my medicine was not waiting for me at the pharmacy like
the doctor said it would be. Last time I tried to contact her it took me two/three days. This did not make me happy last night. It also didn't make me happy that I was in so much pain that I could barely move. If I have to have chronic pain couldn't it at least come at more convenient times for me? It only seems fair. So yesterday seemed like a big fail to me. Today I planned on being much better! I got up ready to take on the day. We're probably about 60-70% packed. All I have to do today is go to work from 9-2, go pick up the rental car, finish packing Haleigh's diapers, our bags, our food for the trip, make sure we have all the money we need, pack up our bathroom stuff, cameras, and chargers. I had to call the doctor and have her call in my prescription again (she called back and said she's faxed it in twice this time she's calling it in) AND pick it up, print out directions, and drive to GA. Not a big deal
at all *insert internal screaming and ripping of hair here* I can do this. I just have to sing "I can do this, I can do this, I can, I can" (also a grandma saying). With this brand new state of mind I got in the car ready to go and Haleigh threw up like the exorcist all over herself, her car seat, and the car. Awesome.
     I don't think I even mentioned what we are doing this weekend. We are going to Tyrone's family reunion. This is the first time I've been to one of his family reunions. I've meet a lot of his family at his football game and graduation. I love his family. I can't wait for them to meet Haleigh. I'm so excited for Haleigh to meet her grampy! On the other hand I'm super anxious about meeting his family members I haven't met. How can I be such a social person but have social anxiety? I have no idea. I should probably be more worried about a 9 hour drive with a 4 month old. Silly things like that don't get to me though. Even if it took us 15 hours (Tyrone if you are reading this.. it won't! Don't stress.. I'm just saying) I'd be fine. I'm a car ride kind of girl. If it's within 12 hours I say lets do it! I'll be blogging soon about our first road trip. What I'm packing diaper wise (with pictures - because who doesn't want pictures of fluff?) and how it goes in the end. I'm hoping to post some pictures and videos as well. I won't be able to do this until we get home though. Also next week (hopefully) be looking for some reviews.
     Well... wish me the best of luck!

Custom Search


  1. AHHH! Good luck doll! Our first real road trip and time away from home will be in 2 weeks!

  2. Waiting for the fluff pics and road trip feedback. I am glad to hear it did go well though...I think it did.