TH1RTEEN R3ASONS WHY - book review

TH1RTEEN R3ASONS WHY
by Jay Asher

     "Clay Jensen doesn't want anything to do with the tapes Hannah Baker made. Hannah is dead. Her secrets should be buried with her. Then Hannah's voice tells Clay that his name is on her tapes - and that he is, in some way, responsible for her death. All through the night, Clay keeps listening. He follows Hannah's recorded words throughout his small town......and what he discovers changes his life forever."

     Another book my sister handed to me. Only this time she said this was one of her favorite books that she has read so far. My sister, in general, has really good taste in books - so I was excited. I've been holding on to this book since Christmas to read. School always gets in the way of my recreational reading.
     One of my favorite parts of this book isn't actually the book it's the cover. On the inside of the cover is the map that Hannah talks about throughout the book. I found my self taking off the cover every time she mentioned something on the map, and looking for myself. Very smart idea. I also love the idea of starting a book with the end. Something I suggest, and just did myself, is once you are done with the book go back and read the first few pages again. Go ahead, have that Ah-ha moment.
     This book takes you through Hannah's high school life. She teaches you about how one things can lead to another, which can lead to another, the "snowball effect." As you go through the book you think about how you treat people yourself, did I say good-bye to my friend when I left the room? Did I use this person? So on and so forth. It really puts a new twist on how you should view things on life. Hopefully after this book you'll be more aware of the way you talk and act towards other people. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.




Custom Search

Comments