Teething sucks!

     My poor baby is miserable! I'm pretty sure she is teething again. Before her two bottom teeth came in (on father's day) she had a fever, runny nose, a rash, just all around not feeling well. For the past week or so she's been gnawing on her hand or whatever she could get in her mouth. If she takes your finger she puts it to the back of her mouth, where her molers would be, and chomps down. On the bottom right side it's really hot and hard. I haven't felt anything poke through yet and I don't think the back molers are what are 'suppose' to come next but I think they are. I've also been told that it's possible for her to go through all the symptoms but then no tooth come through. What is that? That should be against the law!
     Anyway, for the last week she's been gnawing on things and drooling through multiple bibs and outfits a day. Now she's got a fever, runny nose, and yesterday she had a rash. She is not a happy camper. I won't lie, I am a bit spoiled. I have an amazingly good baby who very rarely cries, isn't a clinger, plays on her own, so on and so forth. I am blessed. Keeping this in mind, I have no idea how to handle this whiny monster (I mean this in a joking way - for those who don't know my sense of humor) my daughter has become. She cries every time I walk out of her line of vision, she wants to be held all the time, she's just not happy and I feel horrible for her. My baby's smiles are gone and it breaks my heart! I believe that she's not just teething but also has cold. Why do I think this? Because I have it, as well as every baby that has come in the store. I've been giving her tylenol to help with the pain and the fever but it just isn't cutting it. I've been thinking for a while now of getting an amber necklace for her because they are known to help with teething. Today our store was stocked with a few amber necklaces so I purchased one and immediately put it on her. I know it isn't magic so it won't automatically stop her pain (though I'd like it to) so I'm just waiting and seeing how she is for the next few days while wearing it. At the very least it's adorable on her. For those who don't know anything about amber necklaces..

"Amber teething necklace is a traditional baby teething remedy. A natural analgesic, amber used for centuries in Europe. Wearing Baltic amber close to the skin will help calm a baby without resorting to drugs. Natural anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties of baltic amber are perfect to soothe teething babies.

Amber should be worn on the skin. Amber teething necklaces relieve the pain of teething in babies and toddlers when the necklace lays against the skin during the day. Baby necklace is not for chewing or wearing at night!

The string is knotted between each bead so should the necklace break (which it should if necessary), all of the beads will not be scattered.

The color of baby necklaces depends on the style and can be white, honey, butterscotch also there may polished amber beads or raw amber beads.

     Of course I know that someone, somewhere is going to tell me that it is unsafe. However, if you read about them you know that they have a breakaway clasp and (like stated above) a knot between each bead so if the necklace does break only one bead is dropped. I've done my research. After about a week or so I'll probably be doing an update on how/if the necklace is helping. Wish us luck!


Custom Search

Comments