Come on baby... and do the twist!

     Throughout the month people have been writing one thing a day that they are thankful for. I decided to save it all up until the end of the month to share my 30 things I'm thankful for. One for every day of November.

     1. I am thankful for my Mother, who I call Ma! when she's not listening and Mommy when she is, who has always been there for me. Though sometimes she didn't think I was listening (*clears throat* years 14-17), I always was. She is my best friend and I am thankful for our daily phone conversations, our laughs, our hugs, our everything.
     2. I am thankful for my Grandmother, who we can all agree is our family's rock. She is the strongest woman I know, she has been through it all and still she smiles. She has taught me so many things: If you do it right the first time you won't have to do it a second time, do all the dishes at night because it's wonderful to wake up to a clean kitchen, family is family - no matter how much they annoy you, and how to say SHIT when you are angry!
     3. I am thankful for my sister, Angela, my annoying-pain in the butt-spoiled rotten-abercrombie wearing sister.  With a 9 year difference it wasn't always easy being her biggest fan, she was a mean child who taught me all the bad words I now know. BUT I am her biggest fan. She is smarter then she thinks and more beautiful then she'll ever know. She is a great singer and an amazing photographer. She is my partner in crime and THAT I'm thankful for.
     4. I am thankful for Tyrone. His I love you's, his kisses, his laughs, his love for football, his ability to take the jokes me and Angela dish out. I am thankful that he is an amazing Dad to our little girl. I could not ask for more, he is absolutely amazing with Haleigh. I can't help but smile when I see how much he loves her and how great he is with her. I am thankful that he loves me enough to stay around... he got more then he signed up for when he started dating me. Though I have an amazing support with my disease.. Tyrone is my main support. Tyrone is the one who has to pick up my slack when I'm in pain. Tyrone is the one who has to finish the dinner/clothes/dishes I couldn't finish, clean what I couldn't clean, take care of whatever needs to be taken care of. Tyrone is the one who has to lift me up and lay me down when I can't take care of myself. He does more for me then anyone knows... I am thankful for a loving, caring, supportive boyfriend.
     5. I am thankful for Haleigh. After being told it would be difficult (maybe impossible) to have children we both feel truly blessed that we were able to have Haleigh. I don't even have words to describe how amazing she is. She always brings a smile to my face. I am thankful for her hugs and kisses, her smile that can light up anyone's day, her "shake a baby" when she's about to do something fresh, her fresh face - where she scrunches up her nose and smiles, her mommmmmaaaa when she needs something, her dada when the front door opens, her everything. I can not yell it enough for the rooftops.. Thank you, thank you, thank you God for believing in us enough to send us Haleigh!!
     6. I am thankful for Luckie, oh MAN she annoys me sometimes.. but I love her. I love her cuddles and how she loves to play. I love how smart she is and how she pretends she's not. I love that she knows when I'm in pain and she'll stick by my side until my pain decreases - this includes sleeping practically on top of me when I go to sleep in pain.
     7. I am thankful for old friends. The ones who I am no longer friends with. They shared laughs and smiles with me while we were friends and just like we all do, they helped me grow. I appreciate all they taught me while we were friends and even now today as I look back on those times.
     8. I am thankful for my friends. They laugh with me, cry with me, plot with me. Some I've been friends with for more then a decade and some for less then a year.
     9. I am thankful for my family. We are a very close family, as I've ventured out in the world I realized that not every family, matter of fact, most families are not as close as we are. There are some families who don't talk to one another often, who don't take the time to see each other as often as possible, who don't plan family gatherings.
     10. I am thankful for all of my cousins, of course, but in particular Cori and Butchie. We gew up more like siblings then like cousins. Cori and I had joint birthday parties. Butchie and I lived together at times. All three of us got in trouble together. I am thankful to have two cousins who love me as much as I love them. I am thankful we continually grow closer as the years go on.
     11. I am thankful for my church. We have found our home in New Hope church and we could not be happier. We are welcomed by name, they love us and our family, they are involved in our lives. I am especially thankful for the fact that Pastor Mike and his wife Carol are understanding of my pain issues and are on the lookout for a cure!
     12. I am thankful for UVA hospital. I know that I complain about my doctors but UVA is the best of the worst (haha). I can't fault them for there being nothing else they can do with me (I say this because my pain is only at a 3 right now) but I can thank them for figuring out at least ONE of the things that is wrong with me (Endometriosis). I also am thankful they cured my ITP.
     13. I am thankful for books. I love reading. No matter what is wrong in life, reading always makes me happy. When I'm in pain, when I'm depressed, when I'm mad - I can read a book and magically be transported into a whole nother world.
     14. I am thankful for laptops which help me connect to the world when I'm in too much pain to sit at the desktop.
     15. I am thankful for Sami who allows me to watch Cooper while she's at work which also allows me to be the SAHM I always wanted to be. I am also thankful that due to watching Cooper I do not have to stress over not being able to work due to pain.
     16. I am thankful for Cooper! We play all day, we sing songs, we dance, we play cars... life is so fun with two little ones! Thank you Coop for being my adopted son!
     17. I am thankful for music - I love you so! Some days I need to turn up my hippity hop and listen to the boom boom of the bass, sometimes I need to roll down the windows and jam to Nsync, some days are Lynryd Skynyrd days, some days are classical days, and some days are celtic days.
     18. I am thankful for the Blue Ridge Mountains. They are gorgeous all the time - they are almost always in view, and they are the perfect place for spring picnics and fall hikes.
     19. I am thankful for cameras and pictures. I love taking pictures and I love looking back on my memories. I wish as a teenager I would have taken more pictures (but sometimes I'm thankful I didn't).
     20. I am thankful for social networks which allow my family to follow Haleigh growing up, my health issues, and my day to day life. I am thankful I can stalk them too ;-)
     21. I am thankful to Murray who taught me to communicate and mediate. It is not easy to learn to say you are sorry, to admit you are wrong, and to not blame others when you are upset but Murray taught me all of these things and more. Though my family doesn't appreciate my "Murray talk" some times I know they appreciate it in the long run.
     22. I am thankful for all the women I have met through Endometriosis and Infertility boards, forums, youtube, and so on. These women are amazing, strong ladies who have struggles just like I do. These are the women I turn to when no one else understands exactly what I'm going through. Thank you ladies!
     23. I am thankful for cloth diapers. Odd yes? Nope. At first cloth diapering was just a thought, then through some of my youtube mommies I learned it was a definite possibility. Cloth diapers brought me together with so many of my new friends - Sami, Hannah, Monique, Andrea.. I could go on and on. Due to cloth diapering I have made some amazing friends and well... I got some cute fluff too!
     24. I am thankful for yarn. Without it how would I make awesome things via crocheting? Crocheting is something I can do when my mind is too fuzzy from pain/pain medicine to read a book or concentrate on a tv show. It's also just a pretty awesome thing to do.
     25. I am thankful for the internet which has been a huge part of my life since 1998. I've met so many amazing people and some of my best friends through the internet. The internet helps me see/talk to family/friends, learn new things, plan things, stalk my favorite authors, and most of all write. Of course I'd write without the internet but I enjoy writing and reading other people's writings as well.
     26. I am thankful for food. Food is an essential that so many people do not have. We are lucky enough to be able to have a meat every night along with some form of veggie.
     27. I am thankful for government assistance. Unfortunately, I was not able to breastfeed for long and with WIC I was able to get formula for Haleigh. Without this assistance I don't know how we'd be able to afford it.
     28. I am thankful for financial aid which has allowed me to further my education. As much as people complain about the government look at all the help it provides!
     29. I am thankful for beaches which make me feel at peace, moutains which make me feel at home, and sunrises that make me feel closer to God.
     30. I am thankful for all the smiles and laughs I have in my life. All the love and compassion, all the family and friends, all the game and movie nights. My life is filled with great people and amazing times, I am thankful for it all.

What are some things you are thankful for?

(PS - the title of this entry ... #17)


Custom Search

Comments