Happy Birthday Jason


     Do you have a guardian angel? Someone you know and have always known is looking out for you? When I was 9 years old I learned that my mother had a baby 6 years before me who had passed away after only a few days of being born.  Ever since I learned of Jason I’ve always felt like he was there, looking out for me, watching over me.
  Let’s back up a little and you can learn about Jason a little bit. Jason was born on January 28, 1980 in Plattsburg, NY. He was very preemie, My mom was only 25 weeks pregnant. My mom had placenta previa, which is what caused the early birth. My grandmother says that the Doctor didn’t expect Jason to be alive. The nurse said with surprise “Doctor, we have a live baby” to which he replied “Well get him in the nursery!” Jason was born weighing 2lbs 3oz and looked just like my mother. From the hospital in Plattsburg, Jason was airlifted to a Vermont medical center to be treated more thoroughly. Unfortunately, Jason passed away on Feb 3rd.
  When I found out about Jason, I automatically felt pride that I had a big brother looking over me. That feeling has never gone away. Though I never met him, I have so much love for him. There have been many times I’ve felt like someone was definitely looking out for me and I have no doubt in my mind that it was him. That’s what big brothers are there for, right?
  So today, on his birthday, I’m just taking some time to think about him and wish him a happy 32nd birthday. I love you Jason!





Custom Search

Comments

  1. What a sweet post and tribute to your brother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for your mother.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment