Pain - I shall beat you with my rice sock!

     Two weeks ago my family came down with a horrible stomach bug. Had I not been throwing up myself I would have cried every time Haleigh was getting sick and turning to her daddy to say "all done" when she was done. It was heartbreaking! During this time period one of my medicines that I take regularly for Endometriosis ran out. This is a medicine I've considered stop taking because I didn't feel it was doing anything plus on the information sheet it says "breast cancer patients." Yes, I know I don't have breast cancer. Yes, I have irrational fears about taking so many medications. Between the medicine running out mid-sickness and me not caring to take it, I never made it to the pharmacy to pick it up.
     Haleigh and I have taken up playing Just Dance 2 every day together. Music and dancing - what is there to not enjoy? I haven't had any problems pain wise while playing this game but starting last week I started having to take breaks and using my rice heating pad more often. It annoyed me but I wasn't really paying attention to it. I didn't realize until Wednesday when I went shopping with my mom that I haven't had pain like this in a while. My pain was topping the scales at an 8 or 9 after walking around for a half an hour. I haven't been pain free but my pain hasn't gone over a 5 in a long time (not having to do with Endo pain anyway). Obviously, this medicine that I had stopped was helping more then I thought it was. I called in the medicine and started it again on Thursday night. All Thursday, Friday, and today have been horrible. I've practically lived with my sock filled with rice (and now some eucalyptus bath salts as well) on top of me. [side note: I don't own a
heating pad, instead I use a sock filled with rice and smelly bath salts that I (aka Tyrone) heats up in the microwaves - it looks similar to the picture on the left. It also makes me quite happy that I could find a picture.. this means I'm not the only one who uses a sock.] Due to not having pain that was bad enough for pain pills I didn't have any. I called my Endo doctor Friday and she called some in for me. Thank God.
      I hate admitting defeat and I feel like that is what I'm doing when I have to take a pain pill. Ridiculous sounding? I know. Stupid? Yes, I know that too. Friday I had to ask my Grama to come get Haleigh and take her until Tyrone got home. I hated doing this, it makes me feel like the worst parent ever but I couldn't be a good mom in the pain I'm in. I was sitting on the floor playing with her but when the pain was really bad and I'd cry - so would she. I hae so many bad words for pain it is NOT funny! Today has not been much better. I've spent most of the day laying down, sleeping, or crying. It's been so long since I've taken a pain pill I can't even keep my eyes open let a lone have a coherent thought on them. I hope next week will be easier on me. My Endo doctor's nurse said that after a week of taking the medicine again I should start to feel better. I hope so. Thought that doesn't help this weekend where I needed to clean and go see my friend who is visiting from GA! Please less-pain time come to me soon!




Custom Search

Comments

  1. so sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing :(
    I totally use a sock filled with rice, so you aren't alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are in so much pain! I hope the meds kick in soon. Keep beating that pain with your rice sock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give me a call if you need or want any help! I'd be glad to come over and help in any way I can... I hope you feel better *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment