Book Chat: Book Choosing


     This video by Misty made me really sad. I never want to get to the place where I won't have the time to read for pleasure. Sure, I love reviewing books, but I hope to never get to a place where I feel guilty for reading something I want to read over the pile that is next to my bed. I guess what I'm saying is I don't want reading to become my job, to become a chore. It's the same reason why I didn't want to pursue a carrier having to due with writing. I never want my love for those two things to be sucked out of it by deadlines and such.
     Now on to the question - How do you choose your book? I have to say that over the years things haven't really changed on how I choose my books. I am pretty superficial, I usually pick a book based on it's cover. I know, I know - how can someone who loves literature pick based on the cover?! It's just the way it is. Sometimes I pick a book based on the title. I walk through the bookstore or library just waiting for a book to jump out at me. Other then that I read books based on recommendations from friends, goodreads, or 'booktubers' (people who make youtube videos about books). Not such an interesting answer but it's mine, what is yours?



Custom Search

Comments