Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday we wash diapers, or at least, we attempt to stick to this schedule and here's how it goes:
- Clean off all diapers that haven't already been cleaned off (aka - poop in toilet)
- Remove all inserts from pocket diapers
- Put in washer for a cold soak. For the soak you want to use as much water as possible.
- Let soak for about 4 hours (or overnight - all depends on when I put them in)
- Run through cold cycle.
- Run through a long hot cycle with 2 scoops of Rockin' Green detergent
- Run through a medium warm cycle with 1 scoop of Rockin' Green detergent
- (Sometimes I) run through an extra cold rinse
- All things that are waterproof - pocket diapers minus inserts, diaper covers get hung up to dry while all inserts go in the dryer on low heat. If it's possible to hang everything outside to dry in the sun I'd suggest that however, my apartment complex won't allow us to.
What is your washing routine? Share yours below!