ENDOMETRIOSIS: TIME TO END THE SILENCE
Drs Camran, Farr , Ceana and Azadeh Nezhat, sponsors of the Worldwide EndoMarch&World Endometriosis Day events around the world to raise awareness about endometriosis, an incurable and potentially crippling disease that affects about 1 in 8 women and girls; that’s roughly 200 million people & about ten times the prevalence of autism. We ‘endomarch’ so that we can get the word out that endometriosis is not just ‘bad cramps’, but is actually a serious disease with severe medical consequences if left untreated. Please help us end the silence about endometriosis, so millions of women and girls can receive a proper diagnosis, quality medical care, and, hopefully one day, a much-needed cure.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We hope you’ll march with us at the 2nd Annual Worldwide EndoMarch (World Endometriosis Day), taking place in dozens of cities around the world on Saturday, March 28, 2015.
To register for one of the worldwide events, go to http://tinyurl.com/o7egop4 - If you sign up for the Washington, DC march they may tell you it is 'full' that is juts because there is not enough time to send out bibs and ribbons. The Event is free and open so please do not let that deter you from coming!
To join a team, start a team, or learn about the many other ways you can get involved, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the goals of the march?
The Founders of the Worldwide EndoMarch are committed to pursuing the following goals:
- To unite women and their supporters to take a stand against endometriosis
- To raise awareness about endometriosis and its effects on women and girls
- To educate and train members of the medical community, in order to promote early detection and improved treatment
- To educate the public and medical professionals about endometriosis
- To find a cure for endometriosis, and to develop non-invasive diagnostic tests
- To implement health screenings for endometriosis among girls and young women in public schools
- To educate our government and congress to allocate funding for endometriosis
So know that you know all the information, my family and I will see you there...right?