Friday Reads - The Rain by Virginia Bergin

     What are you reading today? I'm reading The Rain by Virginia Bergin with my reading buddy Pink Floyd.


"It's in the rain...and just one drop will kill you.

They don't believe it at first. Crowded in Zach's kitchen, Ruby and the rest of the partygoers laugh at Zach's parents' frenzied push to get them all inside as it starts to drizzle. But then the radio comes on with the warning, "It's in the rain! It's fatal, it's contagious, and there's no cure."

Two weeks later, Ruby is alone. Anyone who's been touched by rain or washed their hands with tap water is dead. The only drinkable water is quickly running out. Ruby's only chance for survival is a treacherous hike across the country to find her father-if he's even still alive."

The Rain is the UK edition of this book and the US edition is called H2O and looks like this: 
The H2O cover just did not pull me in like The Rain and The Storm (book two in the series) did. I'm not far into The Rain now but so far I am liking it. Some of the beginning seemed very juvenile to me, more than the normal YA that I like to read. Surprisingly, it isn't bothering me as much as I would have thought. Probably because I'm so interested in the story line. I can't wait to see what happens! I'll be sure to share my thoughts when I'm all done.

Don't forget to share you're Friday reads!

Comments