7 Books - Not So Bad!



     So Tome Topple Readathon was a complete bust for me. I started a book that I thought would be a quick read and something I'd really enjoy. I was wrong. At least the first third of the book I did not enjoy. I was finally getting in to it but had to put it down because Dewey's 24 hour Readathon was going to start and I didn't want to end up failing that readathon too because of this book. 

Dewey's Readathon went pretty well. I definitely let myself get more distracted that I wanted to but I think I did a good job. I ended up reading 7 books - 1 graphic novel, 3 picture books, 1 kids chapter book, 1 audio, and 1 regular book. A total of 820 pages. I think this is the first time I've read under 1,000 pages. I am trying not to let that get to me. Besides, I always have October to make up for it! I am so glad so many friends participated in the readathon this time around. Now that they have done it once, they'll know how to best prepare for next time. Everyone needs something different. What I need, may not be what you need. I know Graphic Novels and crunchy snacks are best for me after midnight. I also think audio books while playing a game on the computer would work really well for me at night time too. I enjoyed the hour by hour Instagram photo challenge. I did most of them and had fun doing them. It broke up the time, which I was thankful for.

Here are the books I read this month (minus the picture books I read with Haleigh)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I love all her Modern Witch books but this one I truly loved!


⭐⭐⭐⭐

At the beginning of this book it says that this is the last book that will take place in Nova Scotia for a while. So when I was done reading I looked up how many books were actually in this series. There is only one more. The author had a traumatic experience and no longer feels she can write about Witch Central anymore. She's just not in the same heads space. No need to explain that I was absolutely devastated. Only one more book?! I'm putting it off for now. She also has some in-between novels and two spin off series. I'm just so sad that it's over (even if I'm not done reading them yet).


⭐⭐⭐⭐

This and everything below it was a Dewey's read. I really really enjoyed this book. The part of Lorelai Gilmore was made for Lauren Graham because she is Lorelai! The way she talked, her sarcasm, her love for old shows and movies. I loved learning more about Lauren and her life through the Gilmore series. If you loved the show you'll love this book. She is awesome!



I was NOT a fan of this book. 


⭐⭐⭐


⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was such a cute book! Each book in the series is Lucas and Clara going on adventures and discovering new places/things. This one was about discovering the Mermaid Cove. There are books about a Pegasus and a dragon in this series, which we will definitely be looking in to reading as well!


    It was a pretty good month for reading. I hope my reading streak continues! Dewey's always pushes me to read more. How did you guys do this month? Did you participate in any readathons? Tell me how it went below.



Comments

  1. I was just thinking, as I was going over my goodreads, that I've been doing really well! I think Dewey's helped me and is going to help me keep up the streak <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment