Ew Gross - Happy 4th of July!

With the 4th of July tomorrow I thought I would share my two favorite 4th of July memories. The first one took place in 2010. Tyrone and I had been together for 5 years at this point - two of those years being back in my home town. Every year my town puts together a firework show and we all gather in the park to watch. This year my cousin had come down from New Jersey and a few friends that I hadn't seen in a while were coming to the park. Little did they know that we had been holding on to a huge secret... we were expecting! At this point we had just reached second trimester so we felt safe sharing with everyone. With all my infertility issues along with the meds I had taken to get pregnant there was a chance, a higher chance then normal, of having a miscarriage. We told our parents and siblings right away but we waited until three months to share with everyone else. And what a better day to share then the 4th?

My second favorite 4th of July memory comes a year later. Haleigh was a few days shy of 6 months on the 4th so we decided to try baby food for the first time. We started with carrots, later we found out she is allergic to carrots and that baby food was not for her. Baby led weaning was the way to go. I didn't know it had a name I just knew it worked better for us. Anyway, Haleigh's 1st 4th of July she had carrots and (possibly) squash. She of course made the cutest 'ew gross' faces ever. We loved every second of it, even if she didn't.

What are some of your favorite 4th of July memories? Share with me below!

Comments