January Wrap-Up: You Will Not Believe It!



    Are you ready for this? I read 18 books this month. 18! I have absolutely no idea how that happened. I have never read that much in a month ever. I read a lot of 3-star books this month. How do I measure books? 1 - hate it but got through it, 2 - didn't like it, 3 - it was okay, 4 - really liked this book, 5 - loved this book. I have no idea if that's how everyone else does it that way but that's what makes the most sense to me. This month I read a lot of mystery and thrillers. The post-apocalyptic books I read had a lot of mystery elements to them as well. I would like to read at least one book of poetry a month. I love poetry so much. I always have but for some reason, it just hasn't been apart of my reading plans the last few years. Now I'm always reading articles with poetry or a few poems out of books I have or come across but I want to add full books of poetry to my lists. So enough of that, the list is long enough - let's get to it!


⭐⭐⭐

I don't know if I struggled with this book because of me or the book but it definitely wasn't my favorite of the series. 



⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was a quick fluffy romance.



⭐⭐⭐



⭐⭐⭐

This book was a little much. More paranormal than a mystery. I wasn't sure I was going to continue the series. (Spoiler note: I did)





I wanted this to be filled with cute and funny poems about cats. I think I enjoyed one of them. This failed me completely



⭐⭐⭐




⭐⭐⭐



⭐⭐⭐⭐



⭐⭐⭐⭐



⭐⭐⭐



⭐⭐⭐



⭐⭐⭐

I mostly liked this book. While I was listening I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue but when I would shut it off I would wonder about the story and want to listen to the rest. 



⭐⭐

I wanted an ending and I didn't get one. If a third book comes out, and I have no idea how he could leave it like this, I won't be reading it.



⭐⭐⭐⭐

I think I will be doing a whole review of this book.



⭐⭐⭐

At times it was hard to follow but I really enjoyed the book. I only guessed right on one thing and it was just before they figured it out themselves. I love it when I can't figure out the ending of a book before it happens. 3.5 stars!



⭐⭐⭐⭐

Wow! 4.5 stars. This book took me for a ride! I never knew what was coming next or what was happening. I knew I was FURIOUS over how women were being treated but I wanted to know more so I couldn't stop reading. I was kind of put off by the way sex was described, it bordered on erotica. Then I looked up the author and realized that was mostly what she wrote so I took it in stride. It just seemed kind of much for a Thriller but since it wasn't a huge role in the book it didn't make a huge impact on how I viewed the story. 



⭐⭐⭐⭐

4.5 stars. It is so hard to review the second book in a series without giving away some spoilers. However, I can preach to you all that this book had me on the edge of my seat! You never know who you can trust and who you can't. In this book, we're introduced to people in The Shadows. It isn't a huge part of the book but it makes you realize how big The Light truly is. Aleatha Romig has this series listed as a duet, however, the way she ended the book, maybe it's not? The book doesn't end on a cliffhanger so don't be worried things aren't wrapped up, they are, but it does have an open ending. So if she chose to she could definitely come back and write more. A VERY good duet! I suggest to everyone!



⭐⭐⭐

It's not that I didn't like this book but I didn't necessarily like it either. It just kind of was. I wasn't overly excited about the story. I think there is another book in this series that doesn't have audio so maybe it will be different if I read the words instead of listening. 



BONUS

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I'm not including this as a book because it's 3 or 4 pages with only one of those pages having words. However, it was amazing and powerful! I want to have this printed and put on Haleigh's wall! This is a Kindle Unlimited book, so if you have KU please take a minute to go read (and review). I absolutely loved it!


   How did everyone else do this month? I know I won't be as ambitious throughout the year but so far I hit it out of the park! I'm super proud of myself!


Comments