Let's Take A Look Back

End of The Year Reading Survey



2017 Reading Stats

Number Of Books You Read: 67
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Number of pages read: 19,009
Genre You Read The Most From: YA and Post-Apocalyptic 


Best in Books

1. Best Book You Read In 2017?
How about top 2 series read in 2017?
Most definitely the Firebird series by Claudia Gray. It was a series I did not expect to like because I am not much of a sci-fi reader but I loved it. I was drawn into the story right away and I didn’t want to do anything but devour these books.
My second favorite series I read this year was The McClane Apocalypse. I didn’t read the synopsis of these books, I was just drawn by the cover so I decided to read them. Then I plowed through them all because they were great! It wasn’t a zombie apocalypse which is what I assumed they were about, it was about the world just going to shit after a (very possible) nuclear war. 


2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Rain by Virginia Bergin. I hated this book. When I say hated I mean HATED. How do you mess up an apocalyptic book about poison rain SO BADLY?! 

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  
Mermaid by Jodi Picoult. 


 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I’m not really sure. Maybe The Dewberry Farm Mysteries by Karen MacInerney


 5. Best series you started in 2017? Best Sequel of 2017? Best Series Ender of 2017?
 Best series I already went over, Best Sequel… I’m not even sure. Best series ender was definitely The Lost Witch by Debora Geary.

 6. Favorite new author, you discovered in 2017?
 Kate Morris

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
 The Glassblower is a historical fiction, which is not always my go to but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
 The Firebird Trilogy by Claudia Gray

 9. Book You Read In 2017 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
 Milk and Honey

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2017?
 The covers on the Firebird Trilogy

11. Most memorable character of 2017?
 Lieutenant Markov in A Thousand Pieces of You

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2017?
 Milk and Honey

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2017?
 The most thought-provoking book was probably The Silent Sister or Leaving Time.

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read? 
We Were Liars

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2017?


16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2017?
 Shortest was Mermaid by Jodi Picoult and longest was The You I’ve Never Known by Ellen Hopkins

17. Book That Shocked You The Most
(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
Either We Were Liars or Flat-Out Love

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Marguerite and Lieutenant Markov

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
 Avery, Hope, and Clare from the Inn Boonsboro Trilogy

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2017 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
 It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

21.Best Book You Read In 2017 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Once again the Firebird Trilogy takes the cake on this one. I was going to opt out of this bookclub read because I am not a sci-fi fan but my friends convinced me to read it. I’m so glad they did!

22. Best 2017 debut you read?
Milk and Honey

23. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
 The Glassblower or The Firebird Trilogy

24. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
 The Inn Boonsboro Trilogy

25. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
 The Rain by Virginia Bergin. It could have been so good. WHY?!

26. Most Unique Book You Read In 2017?
 Anya’s Ghost

27. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
The Rain! UGH

28.What was your average rating for books in 2017?
4 stars (Hey! That’s a good reading year!)


Want to fill out this survey yourself? Head over to The Perpetual Page Turner and check out the survey she has listed along with all the other blogs who have participated!

Comments