March's Reading Wrap-Up


     This month I read a mixture of great books, okay books, and books that really bothered me. 13 books in total! I don't know why I feel like putting in here that these were mostly audio books. Audiobooks are still books - I have got to stop chastising myself for it. 

     I started my month by listening to the very last of Debora Geary's stories about the Modern Witch world. 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



⭐⭐⭐⭐




⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This book made me cry all the happy tears but also made my heart hurt because I know the end of this world was coming soon.



⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This book touched on infertility, which I was not expecting, and I resonated a lot with things that were said and emotions that were felt. I knew these last three books would make me feel all the feels but I wasn't quite prepared to deal with a subject I try to avoid because of my own heartbreak. 



⭐⭐⭐⭐

The ending came too quick, I understand why - because of all that happened within the author's life, but I still wanted a wordy ending. Nonetheless, we got an ending and thank God it didn't end the way I thought it was going to. I am already wanting to reread this whole series. I loved it SO much.




⭐⭐

I rated this book 2.5 stars. It was not my favorite. I enjoyed the premise of the book a lot and my rating would have been higher but the 10-page long rant on how being fat was utterly disgusting. I think listening to the audiobook and having the person talk with such disgust in their voice about being large is what made it hard for me. As a plus-sized woman, it made me feel some of those insecure feelings that I don't usually feel about being a fluffier person. I can not even imagine how this would have made a plus size teen feel like. Seeing as this book was written for teens, I just think it could be very damaging to someone who is already in a bad place mentally about their physical appearance. 




⭐⭐⭐

Haleigh and I listened to this book together. There was a lot of world building and you could really feel yourself being in the places she talked about. However, it just ended. We waited and waited the whole book for all the drama to come to a head. Then when it did, two seconds later we hear "the end." Both Haleigh and I looked at each other and thought we missed something. We went back and no, we didn't. It just ended. It was frustrating because the first 3/4ths of the book was really good.




⭐⭐⭐




⭐⭐⭐




⭐⭐⭐





⭐⭐⭐

This book INFURIATED me! The mother was a horrible person and spoiler alert the happy ending isn't because the mother does something great, it's because of the daughter. AGAIN. Also, the ONLY time the mother was nice was in the very last sentence in the book. The only reason this book was a 3 star and not 2 star was that it was an okay storyline. Just infuriating. 




⭐⭐⭐⭐

I started this book right after the last because I was promised by a friend that this book was much better. It was. I loved the family dynamic and the author was spot on with the teenage angst. I don't know that I will read more of her books but this one was a good one. 




⭐⭐⭐⭐


    I ended my month reading a book about a daughter of hoarders. At times it was a difficult book to read. It is always hard to hear a child have to defend their parents even though they are in the wrong. I know that feeling and it makes my heart sink. This is definitely a memoir I would suggest to people to read. 

     What did you read this past month? Anything new and exciting? Let me know so I can add it to my TBR list!

Comments