Monthly Wrap Up & Readathon


      I haven't been around a lot this month and I plan on writing about that soon but one thing I have done this month is read. One reason I ended up reading so many books was that this past weekend was Dewey's Readathon. Two times a year, April and October, there's a 24-hour readathon that I always participate in, if you want to learn more about it check out the About and FAQ here. On to the books!


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

John Green expertly explains how thought sprials can completely control your life. Though this book was fiction it read more like a non-fiction and that could be because John Green let us in on a little corner of his daily struggles. I am not sure how to express how much I absolutely love this man and everything he writes. 




⭐⭐⭐⭐




⭐⭐⭐⭐




⭐⭐

After reading Half Past by Victoria Helen Stone I was excited to start another book by her. This book was not what I wanted it to be. I thought the main character was making poor choice after poor choice. I tried to put myself in her shoes and I got was she was doing to a point but then she would do something that was behind my crazy. I just wanted the book to end. From what I understand this was her first book under this name, her first book in the suspense world. I guess it was a good transition book. I'm hoping her next book Jane Doe will be right on par [with her second book] or even better.




This is where my Dewey's books start. 


⭐⭐⭐⭐




⭐⭐⭐⭐




⭐⭐⭐⭐

Oh man! I love these graphic novels just as much as I love the show but man does the show draw things out. For every 2 pages in the book, there was an episode. Granted I appreciate them dragging out the show since I love them so much but it is just something I didn't know about. 




⭐⭐⭐⭐

This book. Whew. This was a hard-hitting book. I picked up this book because I love everything I have read by Gayle Forman. I didn't read the synopsis first and for this book I probably should have. The whole book is centered around suicide. It was a great story but one of those great stories that is also hard to hear. I'm not expressing myself well about this but just know - I really enjoyed it. Gayle Forman knows how to get into your heart and this is no different.




⭐⭐⭐⭐

I picked this book because a girl I know loves this series and now I know why. You are transported to the scene of the hurricane and in detail, it takes you through their story. This is another book that reads more like a non-fiction. I suppose that's the reason they are loved so much though. 




⭐⭐⭐⭐

My daughter is infatuated with foxes lately so when she picked this out at her school book sale I knew it would be a hit. She is currently reading it but once she fell asleep I decided to pick it up. It has a cute storyline, a good guy, a bad guy, and the magical animals. I would love to see how the other Secret Rescuer books are written and if they all tie together. This is the third in the series but it wasn't as if I jumped into the middle of something. So I believe they are stand-alone books that take place in the same world. I can't wait until Haleigh finishes this so I can get her take on it as well.




⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This is a beautiful piece about strong and legendary black women. Definitely worth the read. I listened to the audiobook which is read by Pearl Cleage. 



     11 books read this month and two of those being 5 stars for me. It was a good month for books. What did you read? Did you participate in the readathon? Is there another readathon that you love, that I should check out? Let me know!

Comments