The Root of Joy is Gratefulness


Today's top 5 prompt is things that I am grateful for this week/month. 



Always first is my family. I am lucky enough to be very close to my mother, sister, and grandmother. I talk to them all almost every day. They are always just a call away. I have no idea how people get through life without their family right by their side but I am eternally grateful I won't have to worry about that. 



I am grateful for the children I watch and the games that we play. We build blocks and knock them down, we play with baby dolls and the Doc McStuffin doctor kits, and we play with barbies and the barbie doll house. And as they play they learn, I ask about colors and shapes. I ask how many there are and if we add some or take some, how many there will be then. I sneak lessons into every day and every playtime so they are learning and growing while doing what they want to do. 




Audiobooks are my life lately. My ADD is completely out of control and on top of the depression issues I am dealing with holding a book and concentrating on printed words is just NOT working well for me. So I have turned to audio books. Between Audible, Kindle Unlimited books with audio, and Libby (an app that connects to your library) I have an unlimited amount of audio books and I am enjoying every last second of it. I can clean and cook, change diapers and feed babies, I can do anything and I am LOVING it. 




I have always enjoyed walking but the hills and mountains around my town completely do in my back. I always feel so discouraged going for a walk because I know I can walk for miles and miles if I didn't have to climb the roads to do so. However, a friend said she was walking in her house using Leslie Sansone videos. WHY have I not thought of this before?! Short little videos and I get my walk in and feel awesome. I am so thankful for Leslie and for my friend who recommended her!




Last but not least I am grateful for the sunshine. Although I love the rain too it brings aches and pains for my body. I am grateful for all the sunshine we've had lately. It means trips to the parks and picnics. It means open blinds and windows. I love it all and soak up as much as possible every day!


What are you grateful for this week? This month? 

Comments