Books & Books & Books



Every year for the last few years I have been invited to an invite-only book sale put on by a publishing warehouse. It is one of my absolute favorite book sales because it is newer books and you buy per pound! $2 a pound! The first year I came with a tote bag. I was highly unprepared. In the following years, I have brought a rolling suitcase. It worked well. So, this past weekend was the book sale and since I've had a hard go of it lately I decided to indulge in a Dunkin frozen coffee, a breakfast sandwich, and a cute beanie.

The sale floor is set out like a huge U. Hundreds of books are set out on tables and you just walk around and take what you want. It is very overwhelming at first but amazing and awesome all the same. They have a ton of kids' books, especially for little kids/toddlers. I picked up a few for the kids I watch and a few for my nephews. They usually have a bunch of 'adult' coloring books. I always find good chapter books for Haleigh - but this year she has so many unread books from last years sale that I didn't buy her any.

One of my favorite thing they have is graphic novels. Graphic novels take so little time to read but are so expensive. Worth it for the craft that is put into them but if I can buy them at 20% of what it usually costs me. I will. I always come away with a minimum of three graphic novels. This year was no different. I got a box set I have been wanting to read forever and I got Haleigh a three in one book about dancing.

This year I was very picky with what I was taking because I just cleaned out my bookshelves and didn't want to end up with another 20 books that will just sit there for the next five years.

At the end of every sale, I always want to take a haul picture but then remember that I use this sale to buy a lot of Christmas gifts so that can't actually happen. However, I can share what I got for myself and for Haleigh and the kids to have right now.




There is probably at least another 10 books that are put away from Christmas presents.

Until next year!




Comments